Behind The Scenes
Hello Book Fanatics,
Alyssa Tanner is here to share journey with us today. Whether she’s new to you or not, let’s all settle in and take a look ‘Behind The Scenes’ with Alyssa. Leave a comment and let us know what you think. When you’re done here hop over to the blog’s facebook page and give it a like and follow.
Author Interview Questions:
1. Do you write under one pen name or do you have more than one?
I write under a pen name for my romance novels.
2. What genre(s) do you write & why?
I write mostly romance and erotic romance.
3. What inspired you to become an author?
I have always loved writing even as child and have been a paid and published author for over 25 years. I can’t imagine not writing.
4. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Write! Don’t let your internal editor or fear get in your way. Staring at a blank page means you can fill it up. Be positive and believe in yourself. Learn the craft but don’t get bogged down in it. Let yourself be free to make mistakes and keep writing.
5. What do you like the most and least about being an author?
I love being an author. It has been a lifelong dream. The thrill of seeing my ideas in print is the most rewarding part. The thing I dislike the most is the marketing.
6. Have you ever had writer’s block? If so, what did you do to get past it?
Not really. I usually have more ideas than I have time. I am a technical writer by trade so my creative writing is my personal pleasure. I may get stuck on a certain scene but I tend to let my characters develop in my head and just keep writing. I can be shopping and have an idea pop up. I jot it down or type it into my cell phone so that I don’t lose it. My advice for anyone facing writer’s block is to just write your way out of it. You can edit it out later.
7. Who are your favorite authors?
Janet Dailey. I fell in love with her books as a teenager and they inspired me more than any other. I am also a huge fan of Ernest Hemingway. As an avid reader I have so many favorites but I would have to say that Janet Dailey, Ernest Hemingway, and Robert Frost are my top three favorites.
8. What’s the most inspiring thing you’ve ever heard from your readers?
When they fall in love with the characters and hate to see the book end.
9. What’s next for you; any upcoming events, new releases and etc.?
I am currently working on the second book in the three part sequel of “The Freedom to Be Me” series.
10. Where can we find you and your work?