Behind The Scenes
Hello Book Fanatics,
Renee Harless is taking over today. I’m so excited to have her here. Let’s all get cozy and take a look ‘Behind The Scenes’ with Renee. When you’re done here hop over to the blog’s facebook group and hang out with her. I’m sure she has something that everyone will love.
Author Interview Questions:
1. What is your Author pen name?
2. What genre(s) do you write & why?
Contemporary Romance. It’s my favorite genre to read so writing in it comes naturally.
3. What inspired you to become an author?
I read the Twilight series and thought to myself, “Hey, I can do this. I have something to say.”
4. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Never doubt yourself. There will always be those that dislike your work, but there will be those that love it.
5. What do you like the most and least about being an author?
I love the ability to share my characters with the world. Today’s world offers so many platforms that hadn’t been available until now. The part I like least is the influx of work BECAUSE it is so easy to publish a book. So many are turning into repeats of the same story without the hard work that goes into it. The book world is flooded and it makes it difficult to be seen as a new author.
6. Have you ever had writer’s block? If so, what did you do to get past it?
I typically get some sort of writer’s block once I hit 10k in a book. I’m not sure why. I usually start reading for my own enjoyment for a few days and it goes away.
7. Who are your favorite authors?
I love Kathleen Brooks, Emma Hart, E L James, Sawyer Bennett, Sylvia Day, Samantha Young, and J. Daniels. They are all one-click authors for me.
8. What’s next for you; any upcoming events, new releases and etc.?
I have a few books scheduled for release in 2018, three that are definite. I will also be attending a few events, the first being Wanderlust in San Antonio.
9. Where can we find you and your work?
You can stalk me here: